Sunday, October 28, 2012

Luang Namtha

We spent the last two days in Luang Namtha, Laos. The town has really only developed to accommodate tourists over the last two years. The standard bicycle and scooter rentals are available, as well as jungle treks, kayaking, and other local tours. It seems these are always the first things to pop up. But there really isn't much else. I didn't much feel like partaking in any of the tours or treks because I did similar things in Thailand. Plus, these are the kinds of activities that break the bank. We did exercise the motorbike option the first day though because it's one of the best and cheapest ways to explore almost any of these parts.

On the ride along a winding mountain road, I realized that I "rack adisciprine." I've been feeling kinda heavy and slow these last couple weeks. I attribute this to the fact that the only exercise besides walking around that I've done since I left, was the hiking I did on my trek. I reminded myself of the overall feeling of well being you get from being consistently active and decided that it was high time I jump back on that wagon.

(I just realized this post is boring, so I'll summarize.)

After returning the scooters, we strapped on our shoes and went for a run. The next day, we rented bicycles and pushed it a little harder. I already feel much better so I'm going to stick with it. After all, being healthy was one of the intentions I had for this trip.

Aside from the exercise, the highlight of Luang Namtha was its small night market. It wasn't anything extravagant or impressive really at all, but for some reason I just really liked it. One booth had roast duck for less than $3 so I got that two of the three nights I was there -- so good!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment