Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What's the big idea?

This post is subject to change. I'm staying in a guesthouse near Koah Sarn Road in Bangkok. It's similar to Patong although I'd say it's a bit more mellow. When I went to bed last night, I thought to myself, that was uneventful. Tonight I sat down for dinner at a place with some Thai guy covering American songs on his guitar. I'm not sure if I got lost in the music, or the beers that I finally deemed myself well enough to drink, but I realized that a few of the details from last night might be worth writing about. So I will. Later.

I proceeded to let my imagination carry me away. I seemed to focus on one general train of thought though. It was centered around an idea I had earlier this year. It's a bit ambitious but where would we be without ambition. Follow-through has always been my real problem. Anyway, in a nutshell, I want to be a part of something big. A wiki community concept. A wikimunity. The idea is to get every brilliant mind involved in creating a hypothetical community that could potentially be created somewhere. The location would depend both on what is available, and on the hypothetical needs of this society whose governing laws would be decided before hand by everyone. The education system would actually inspire creative thinking based on individual aspirations and abilities. Nothing of life as we know it would be lost. It would only evolve to be centered around basic human needs, not money.

I know this is far beyond the scope of this blog, or any blog really, since blogs are not a suitable platform for communal input. But it has to start somewhere, and this is what I can do here and now. I'm almost ashamed to bring it up here, but I'm committed to share everything, and this is a decent piece of what goes on inside me. Plus, if you really think about the 6 degrees theory and take into account the doors that have opened in the internet age, anything is possible. I created a different blog for this a long time ago but never had the direction or the confidence to get it started. Expect more on this later. I'll need everybody's help. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment