Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cleeeeeeeeek!

I've come down with my first fever and case of the body aches. It's hard to say whether it's from the food, the layover, the "massage" or all of the above. I quote massage not because there was anything happy about the ending or any other part of it, but because I have bruises on my back.  In any case, it's been a slow painful day.  I'm hoping I'll feel better in time for our flight to Thailand tomorrow evening.

Yesterday was a great day though.  We kicked it off with a champaign brunch then wandered about the city. There are a lot of Chinese people here.  Roughly 30 million in the quaint little town of Shanghai. And I don't know who said they all look the alike; I'd say they have a spread that's pretty comparable to the Americans.   However, no matter what they look like, they certainly don't wait to leave China to become camera happy.  I noticed that all it takes to start a crowd in China is for one Chinese person to take a photo of anything.  Once this happens, no matter how uninteresting the picture is, others will follow suit.  I would imagine from the confused looks on their faces as they snap the shot without reason, that they're only doing so in hopes of inadvertently catching Bi Fang flying in the background.

3 comments:

  1. You should take photographs of them photographing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought about that! Only I forgot my camera at my brother's place and I don't have a phone. Next time!

      Delete
  2. I don't think they would understand the question ;)

    ReplyDelete